Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Prayers for Maryn’s Birth

It is hard to believe that Maryn’s arrival is fast-approaching and could happen at any moment.  As many of you know, the journey for Maryn’s arrival is somewhat strange in that I have a scheduled c-section date, but am hoping and praying for an opportunity to deliver her "the old fashioned way".  My number one desire is that Maryn arrive healthy and safely, but I am prayerful that I will have the labor and delivery opportunity.  My doctor has been supportive of my vbac plan, but if I am going to have that option, we need to get the show on the road as my doc will likely want to move up my date based on Maryn’s size to next week.  Because of this, we have been trying all of the natural ways to coax her out.  We would love your assistance in praying with and for us as we near the end of this stage of the journey.  I’ve included some of the verses that I’ve jotted down in my notebook that I will be praying with, but please feel free to use some of your own favorites as well.
-Please pray that God would allow my body to go into labor on its own and that I would be able to labor as long as possible naturally in order to better increase my chances of delivering her vaginally.  Pray for mine and Brandon’s strength if this comes to fruition as this would be our first time to have an active labor like this.  Pray that I am able to cast all of my anxieties and fears at His feet.  Praise Him for having His will be shown.
Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

-If I end up having a c-section, please pray for the longer recovery for my body, but also for the recovery of my mind.  I will seek solace in knowing that His plan prevailed and seek peace and strength in Him and try not to fall into the guilt and ego issues of the world.  We will praise him for Maryn regardless of her method of delivery.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5

LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.  Jeremiah 10:23

-Please pray for Maryn’s health and safety and that she (and we) transition easily to a family of four.  Pray for Travis as he adjusts to his new life as Big Brother.  Please pray for my body to respond to her needs and that we are able to start successfully breastfeeding right away.  Praise Him for the blessing that is this new baby!

Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you for praying for us and loving us and our babies!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie,

    I stalk your blog quite regularly, but I gotta comment on this one. I am praying for you!!! I want this to go well for you, so that you can be my role model for November. (I want the option of a vbac too, but we'll see. So much depends on circumstances!) You are doing a great job with Travis, and Maryn will be just as blessed!

    Lanisa

    ReplyDelete