Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy 2 Month Birthday!


For his birthday, Travis was treated to breakfast in bed and a visit from his Pepper!





Here's his 2 Month Picture(s):







Click here for his 1 Month Picture.

Travis,

I love you so much and I am so proud to be your Daddy. Your Mommy and I have been praying for you for years before you were even born, and these past two months have shown us more than ever that God answers prayers. You are a special gift.

Watching you grow and change a little more every day is very exciting. You are now very alert and, at times (like bedtime), very strong willed. It is amazing to see little flashes of the boy and man you will become in the future. It is also unbelievable how handsome you are! Your Mommy and I are okay looking folks I guess, but you turned out to be beautiful.

As a new Daddy, everything I see or hear reminds me of you. One song that Mommy and I sometimes hear always makes me smile (and sometimes cry) because it makes me think of you. And it isn’t even a song about a child! But every where I go, you are with me. Everything I hear, see or touch reminds me of you somehow. The relevant parts of Wade Bowen’s “Who I Am” that we love to sing along to are as follows:

“I love you oh so very much, I love you more than words can say,
And I don’t know how or why, but I love you more every day.
I love to watch you laugh and smile, I love to watch you dream,
I love it when you take my hand just to let me know you believe in me.
***
Now that you’re in my life, baby, I know exactly who I am.”

Son, you truly are a blessing to me in so many ways. I can’t imagine my life without you.

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment