Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy 5 Month Birthday!







 

Travis Brandon Hill,

WOW. What can I say? You have totally overwhelmed me.

When I found out that you were on the way, I was very happy for your mom and dad, as well as the whole family. From the schedule that your mom and dad had talked about, I thought that it was about time for you to make an appearance. I had been talking to God about you for a quite a while. I asked Him to take care of you and your mom, and to bring you into this world safely. He did everything that I had prayed for. He is so amazing.

I knew that you had come to loving parents who will always provide you with the things that you will need. They will provide you with material things, but more importantly they will provide you with the love, the understanding, the discipline, and the teaching of Jesus.

The thing that I didn’t know was how it would feel to be a grandparent. I could never have imagined what a feeling that it was. The day that you arrived I was so happy when Brandon told us that you and your mom were OK. I may have cried, but I don’t remember for sure.

The time that I have spent with you in your first 5 months have been incredible. I have seen you grow in so many ways. I am always excited to see how much you have changed from one visit to the next.

As you continue to grow I am very much looking forward to spending time with you. I will watch as you learn to crawl, and to talk, and to walk, and to make sound financial investments. I can’t tell you how special you are to me.

I love you, your mom, and your dad very much, and I will always be there any time you need me.

May God always bless you and keep you, and may God bless your mom, your dad, and your entire family.

Love,
Grandpa

1 comment: