Sunday, January 17, 2010

This is the day that the Lord has made!

Today was our first family outing to Church.  Brandon or I hadn't been to church since before Travis arrived, and we were ready.  Plus, Travis got his own piece of mail last week inviting him to his own class at Church.  I was ready to stay in the nursery with him, but when we got there the adult to baby ratio was twelve loving adult hands to two squishy baby hands so I felt pretty good about his care.  I had already convinced myself that God's people in the nursery don't have germs so off we went with our little beeper.  He did great and got to take a walk around the campus, and Brandon and I enjoyed a great worship service.  We so want for Travis to have a strong Church family that loves and supports him just like his real family.  I have so many great memories from youth camp, ski trips, lock-ins, GAs, etc., and I want him to have those same experiences.  I am so thankful that we have found a Church home in this area and can't wait to get more involved as a family of three.





Psalm 139:13-17

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!



Jeremiah 1:5

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."  How vast is the sum of them!



Dear Heavenly Father,

How awesome to think that you had a plan for Travis before Brandon and I had even met and that you chose him especially for us.  We continually seek your wisdom and guidance as we parent Travis, and we pray that we raise him to know and love you.  We thank you for all of the blessings that you have given to our family and for Travis, the most amazing miracle of all. 

In your Son's most precious name, Amen.

Xoxo,
Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment