Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy 6 Month Birthday!



Happy 6th Month Birthday to Special Boy #3.

I can’t believe that your half-birthday is already here. Before I found out you were on the way, I had been waiting, praying and hinting for your parents to give me a grandbaby for quite some time. I cried when I saw the sonogram video of you. To say that I was excited was a huge understatement. I just knew that you were going to be a boy right from the start. Nana and I enjoyed watching your Mommy’s tummy grow and feeling you kick our hands. We loved you from the very beginning.

When you were born, I was overcome with pride. You were the most alert little guy and just perfectly wonderful. When I held you for the first time, you were so little and amazing. I was so proud for your parents. I knew that God had blessed their lives with a special boy that would change their lives forever. The love a parent feels when they hold their child for the first time is overwhelming, and I knew they were getting to experience it for the first time. I was experiencing the love you feel seeing your grandchild’s face for the first time, and I was so happy.

Pretty soon you will be big enough to go target shooting at the farm with the gun I bought you before you were born. Don’t let your Mommy tell you she doesn’t know what I am talking about, because I have pictures of her and your Daddy holding it at your baby shower. I thought I might need them as evidence.

You see, Papaw needs a sidekick to help him check the cows, ride the tractor, feed the fish, build fence, chop wood, and drive the fire truck. Nana helps me quite a bit, but she is a girl. Girls just aren’t as tough as us boys. While we are at the farm, I will teach you the love for land, animals and everything agriculture just the way I taught your Daddy and Uncle Blake. I will also teach you how to ride a horse and maybe even cuss. Shhh don’t tell your Mommy.

I want to spend as much time with you as possible. I know from experience that babies grow up fast. Each time we visit, you have grown and changed so quickly. I am just smiling thinking about you as I write this note. You are a special gift to all of us. I love you very much and so does your Nana. I promise to support you in every way that I can. I’ll attend your sporting events, stock shows, school programs, and any other activities that you choose to participate in as you grow.

I will always be a phone call away. If you need me, I will be there. You are destined for great things Special Boy. I know it in my heart.

I Love you to the Moon and Back,
Papaw

1 comment: