Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy 4 Month Birthday!







Dear Travis,


Your first Christmas! The very best Christmas gift of all has been the gift of you. I have only known you for four short months, but my heart overflows with love for you. My heart skips a beat and my breath is taken away each time I lay my eyes on you. I am totally fascinated by you. I have discovered a new and wonderful kind of love – the love of a grandparent for a grandchild. The child of my child. Nothing could be more precious. I so look forward to watching every new change, expression, and trick you learn as you continue to grow.

As with most children, Christmas will probably become your favorite holiday. You will begin to look forward to each Christmas with great anticipation brought on by the lights, decorations, smells, music, treats, gifts, and a visit from Santa. Your family will be so excited to watch your excitement. We want you to enjoy being a child and having lots of fun. But in time I hope you also come to look forward to Christmas as a time for thanks, giving and sharing, contentment, charitable acts, friends, home, family, love, and togetherness.

I hope I can be everything you need me to be as your grandmother. I will be your biggest fan. I promise to always be there for you. When you get old enough to use the phone, your calls will take priority. Nothing will be more important than talking to you. You have other grandparents who love you and want to be near you just as much as I do, and you will have to spread your sweet self around, but I want to be with you as much as is feasible. The years will go rapidly, and I will cherish every moment of our time together. You may not fully know the breadth and depth of my love until you have your own children and grandchildren. But please know that I love you.

Travis, you are a very fortunate child. You have been born into a loving, extended family who will support and nurture you and provide you with an environment which will allow you to thrive. It is quite clear that you are well loved. If I could have one wish for you, it would be for you to always be surrounded by this love. I hope all of us who love you now can be there for you whenever you need us.

In addition to your extended family and more importantly, God has given you the best parents you could possibly wish for. Being the child of your parents has given you a huge advantage in life. Your Mommy and Daddy love you so very much. They are going to give you all the love, wisdom, guidance, encouragement, understanding, and support you will need to succeed in all of your pursuits and endeavors throughout your life. And I commit to being supportive of your parents in all they do to raise you. They will provide a solid foundation from which you will grow and flourish. Your Mommy and Daddy feel very blessed to have such a special son, and you have been very blessed to have such wonderful parents.

Merry Christmas and All My Love,

Pepper

1 comment: