Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy 9 Month Birthday!


9 Month Bear Take-Down




Monthly photo shoot is no longer a one-man job.


Dear Travis,

Happy 9 Month Birthday! You are growing up so quickly. Seeing how much you change on a daily basis makes me remember your cousin Kyler as a baby. He has always been in such a hurry to grow up and be a big boy. No matter how hard mothers try to teach their children to stop and enjoy being a kid, they push ahead and insist on growing up too fast. It seems like yesterday that we were getting the call that you were born and now you are 9 months old. We will turn around and you will be 9 years old, just like Kyler did.

You are a true gift and a miracle! Your Mama and Daddy prayed that they would have such a sweet angel come into their lives. It was a stressful and tough journey but now that we have you here it all makes sense. God has given your parents and the rest of us a gift in you. It is funny how you can find such joy in the happiness of those that you love. You give me that joy every time your Mama looks at you, takes a picture, or types a blog post. She is so complete because of you and that makes me happy!

We are going to have so much fun together! One thing that you might not know about our family is that we take great trips and have lots of fun just being together. I am honored to be your Aunt Sonnet and I Love You with all my heart! Your cousin Kyler has been waiting for you to get bigger so that he can play with you. He has waited to have another kid in the family for quite some time. He is going to be able to teach you all kinds of things, some of which your parents would rather you not know, but that’s the breaks. We love you and can’t wait to see you again.

XOXO
Aunt Sonnet

Hey buddy,

First off, I wanted you to know that I love you so very much. I know this feeling, of course, extends to all of my family but living down the street and being able to see you grow, learn and smile first hand, has brought so much more joy to my life than I ever thought it could. Truthfully, my visits to your house have easily become the best part of my day.

Now when your mom called me to say that you were on your way to us, I was ecstatic and overjoyed. I had prayed for you to come to your parents for so long that the news seemed surreal. Nine months and several Eggo waffles later, when you arrived it became clear to me that my prayers were more than answered.

I love being an aunt more than anything in this world, plain and simple. Some would say that it’s because I am able to spoil you rotten, fill you with sugar and send you home to mama. Which is mostly true, but, being an aunt means that I am given several opportunities that otherwise would not be my privilege. This is an excerpt from a poem I found online that seems to explain everything relatively well.

There are aunts to look up to,
aunts who are wise,
Those who are good friends,
and those who advise.
There are aunts who are lovable,
and aunts who are fun.

This is the kind of aunt that I hope I am to you now and that I wish to continue to be to you later. You came into my life when I needed you most, and just as I can always count on you and your smile to make my day better and brighter, you will always be able to count on me to make your days the best they can be. Happy 9-month Birthday, T!

Love,
Aunt Momo

1 comment: