Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!



Mother's Day 2009
23 weeks 2 days

I, no doubt, became a mom the first time I heard my baby’s heartbeat for the first time. At that moment (well, probably weeks before actually) I would have already risked life and limb to protect my belly and my unborn child. Once Travis arrived, the love of a mother has totally overwhelmed me. Being a mom is the most rewarding (and challenging) job in the world, but one that I feel so blessed to be able to do. Sophia Loren says “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.”

According to 1 Timothy 2:15, women find their completeness when their children continue in “faith, love, and sanctity with self-restraint.” What an awesome calling and challenge that each of us moms is given!

Travis is cutting his first tooth and had a terrible night. I’ve been up off and on since 3 a.m. consoling a hurting baby. My heart just aches hearing that pitiful cry, and I truly understand when my folks used to say that they wish they were the sick ones instead of me. As a parent, I want nothing more than for him to be safe, happy, and feeling more loved than anyone else in the world.

Happy Mothers' Day to all of my sweet friends celebrating their first real Mother’s Day, to to all the mommies that have been mommies for a while, to my Mom, whose mothering skills I truly hope to have one day - definitely an awesome role model, to my Mother-in-law, seriously the best MIL in the world, to Nana, can't wait for you to "officially" be in the family, to my Grana and Great Aunt Freda, thanks for making the trip to spend this special day with us as we dedicate Travis at Church and celebrate five generations together!!

Xoxo,
Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment