Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Favorite Things ... So Far

Since we have so many friends that are about to become parents, I thought I'd throw out my little list of things that I couldn't have lived without these first 6-7 weeks.

1.  Sprout Shell - it keeps people from trying to want to touch him, and I feel like it helps keep germs away.  Super cute and easy to put on.

2.  Itzbeen - lets us know how long it has been since he ate, had a dirty diaper, etc.  Very good for forgetful mommies.

3.  Miracle Blanket - easiest and only swaddling blanket that he couldn't break out of.  Very useful the first few weeks especially.

4.  Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment - excellent bum cream.  You can get it at some Walgreens, but we just order it in bulk on Amazon.

5.  Kimono Style T-Shirts - so easy to get off and on.  Great for those days where you've got no one to impress.  :)  This link will give you an idea, but we had a pack of Gerber ones and a pack of Carters ones that were perfect.

6.  Breast Soothers - these have been lifesavers to combat engorgement.

7.  Happiest Baby on the Block - I'd recommend the DVD.  We live by the "shhhh."

NEW ADDITION:

8.  Sheet Savers - they help the laundry load tremendously.  Thanks Kimberly!

I'm sure there are tons others.  I'll try to do this from time to time as we find new lifesavers.  Also, if you've got other recommendations for my mommy-to-be friends, please post in the comments. 

Xoxo,
Gara

2 comments:

  1. thanks friend. I am online ordering them all now! haha. you're the best - what would I do without all your expertise!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need more pictures.....Haven't seen any in days. AG

    ReplyDelete