Saturday, May 21, 2011

37 Weeks

How far along?: 37 weeks.  Officially "term" today.
Total weight gain: 45 lbs. (still eleven less than when I delivered Travis so the jury is still out on total weight gain).  I've gained three pounds over the last two weeks, but had a big "growth" week uterus-size wise as I'm now measuring 41 weeks.  So apparently the questions about if I was due yesterday are not that unfounded.
How big is baby?: 6 and some change.  She is hopefully packing on the sweet baby rolls these days.
Stretch marks?: I've got stretch marks on areas that I didn't even think were possible of stretching...  Seriously, if my ears get stretch marks - do not judge!
Sleep?: Trying to up my water intake does not bode well for great sleep at night.  Literally waddling out of bed 3 or 4 times per night to pee sort of makes me want to invest in some Depends.
Best moment this week?: Lovey coming into town to help me get everything ready.  Clothes are washed and car seat and bouncer seat are at least located.  Looking forward to shopping and lunch with Lovey and Pepper today to pick up a few last minute items.
Movement?: Doctor confirmed that she is locked and loaded in the head-down position so now I'm just getting fun elbows, heels, and knees.  Looks like little alien moves.
Food cravings?: Granola bars and sweet tea (although it gives me serious indigestion).  You can buy decaf sweet tea loaded with HFCS at Kroger.  YUMMY!  :)
Labor signs?: I do not think carrying my belly around on my thighs counts.
Belly button in or out?: Flat.  Even T-man says "bye bye belly button" when he sees mine.
What I miss: Turning heads in a crowd for a reason other than super-human uterus growth.
Milestone: Hitting "term" and knowing that she could make her arrival pretty much anytime with no expected health complications.

Xoxo,
Gara

1 comment: