Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lubbock Shower

My first of 3 baby showers for baby Travis was on 6/27 in Lubbock at my Nannie's house. It was so wonderful to celebrate his upcoming arrival with so many of my family and friends. The guests spanned my whole life - so many family members, Brooke who I've been friends with since we were 10, my second family growing up - Barbara and Ashley (I get to see Amanda this weekend!), Angie, a dear and special friend from law school, Marcy, an A&M and law school buddy, etc. I could go on and on and on. I am so honored to share this special time with so many ladies that are so dear to me (and one very special man who crashed the shower).

My hostesses: Aunt Elva, Aunt Vicki, Aunt Mary, and Big Sis Sonnet. Cousin Tammie isn't pictured.



The awesome hostess gift - not sure where I'm going to put it, but it looks so cute in Travis's buckaroo nursery.



The super-cute diaper cake that mom made.



It is now my new dining room centerpiece until we have to start dismantling it!

Me, my mom (Lovey), and Brandon's mom (Pepper)



Me with Travis's great-grandmothers - my Grana (mom's mom) and my Nannie (Kelly's mom)



Me and Travis's aunties - Big Sis Sonnet and Little Sis Mona. Obviously, our height and age do not correlate.



I got so many amazing gifts for Travis. I got homemade blankets from Angie's mother-in-law and from Grandma Elizabeth (Amanda & Ashley's grandma) that I will treasure always. Pepper got him this amazing King Ranch blanket that is so soft. We also got a few key items like his swing, bouncer, bumbo, etc. that I am so grateful for. These are homemade hooded towels that Ashley made - they are so awesome and will be useful for many many years.



My Uncle Tommy crashed the shower and brought me the greatest gift that he picked out all by himself. It was Travis's first pair of Wrangler jeans and his first pearl snap shirt. Of course, boots were included to match!!!



Me and Mudpie - Travis's new stick horse from the hostesses. Soooo cute. It goes Neigh Neigh when you squeeze its ear.



Brandon swung by just in time to get a snack and help load the loot. This is us in front of this amazing wooden sign that mom made for our front yard when Travis arrives. It is sooooo cute. Kelly cut it out and Aunt Hollie helped paint it.



Here are all the pics from the shower.

Thanks to everyone who made this shower so special! Travis is a very lucky little boy already.

All our love and appreciation, Brandon & Gara

3 comments:

  1. what an amazing shower. The hostess gift, yard sign, and diaper cake beat all I have every seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shower that you will remember always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics from the shower. You are such a hot momma - you looked gorgeous. I need to adopt Lovey so she can make our baby awesome stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete