Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Partner in Crime

While there is no doubt that pregnancy is an amazing blessing from God, pregnancy is also a pretty crazy experience. I have been so blessed to have great friends that have gone through it before (Julie, Alicia, Brooke, Amanda, Katy, etc.), great friends that I am looking forward to guiding as they are just getting started (Emily), and one great friend to experience it with at the same time (Kimberly).

Kimberly and I are friends from A&M, and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding (6 years and 2 days ago - yep, we celebrated our 6th anniversary on 6/21/09 - the time does fly when you are married to the man of your dreams).



I attended her wedding during law school and we occaisionally saw each other at A&M football games. We were each living our own lives in different cities. There is no doubt that God has re-connected us during this time and that we will not grow apart again.

Kimberly is currently expecting Elizabeth just 9 days before Travis is due. We are close enough that we are usually experiencing similar symptoms, anxieties, questions, excitements, etc. so it has been so awesome to have someone to chat with. As an added bonus, we have become an awesome tag-team bargain shopping duo. Sites we love include Baby Steals and Mama Bargains. We've been alternating making purchases to save on shipping and we are going to have an awesome baby stuff swap when she makes the trip to the Metroplex for my baby shower on 7/11.

I can't wait for our conversations to turn to sleeping, pooping, and crying which will mean that E and T arrived safely and healthy. I'm looking forward to E and T being fast friends just like their mamas.

K - thanks for being a resource and friend through this crazy ride called pregnancy. Love ya!

4 comments:

  1. That is a blessing... to have a friend that is expecting the same time as you. And, as you said, such a great way to reconnect. Have y'all started contemplating an arranged marriage!?!? If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Kimberly!! Hers is the first GIRL I have heard of being expected this year! It seems like everyone is having boys!

    When I was pregnant with Emma I didn't know anyone else who was pregnant, but thankfully I had lots of books :) Shortly after she was born I got involved in the BEST moms club (in Waco). I still keep up with them and they are a wonderful resource for advice, playgroups, etc!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks girls. Love the arranged marriage comment - the thought has crossed our minds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to have "partners in crime"! Thanks for answering my questions and for all the shopping tips! I can't wait to find out if Travis gets a buddy or a girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete