Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things I've Learned...

  • It's okay to pray for patience - multiple times a day.
  • It's okay to spend half of your day (or more) in the rocking chair with the baby.
  • It's okay to pass the baby off to daddy at bedtime so that you can take a shower.
  • It's okay to drop crumbs on the baby if you are having to keep the baby in the sling during dinner time.
  • It's okay to still be sporting maternity wear three months postpartum.
  • It's okay to go to bed at the same time baby does even if it is 8:30 p.m.
  • It's okay to take the baby and the bouncer into the bathroom so you can poop.
  • It's okay to giggle when the baby cries.
  • It's also okay to cry when the baby cries.
  • It's okay to take every poopy diaper into better lighting for a thourough examination.
  • It's okay to stare at the video monitor for half of the night the first time you put baby in his crib in his own room.
  • It's okay to have your pediatrician's phone number memorized and know the nurses by name.
  • It's okay to miss being pregnant even though you complained about how miserable you were at the end.
  • It's okay to praise God every minute that He sent the baby to you.
  • It's okay to love the baby so much that you would kill or be killed in order to protect him.
I borrowed this from a blog I stalk - thanks Blair.  I'll remember it every time I'm agitated that I'm stuck in the rocking chair again.  I know it won't be long before he might not let me rock him.  Instead, I'll take that time to pray over him and love him and sniff him and smile with pride and just continue to work on getting him to be a better napper.

But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep.
~Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Xoxo,
Gara

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Almost every one of these apply to us too. (And about the going to bed early-we've both been in bed at 8:00 p.m. more then once)

    ReplyDelete