Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Bowl XLV Host Committee Gala

Last Thursday night, Brandon and I ventured out on the leftover ice to head to Billy Bob's in FW for the Super Bowl XLV Host Committee Gala.  While I was still working in Dallas, I teamed with an associate buddy of mine to prepare a proposal which would allow our then law firm to serve as "the" law firm for the host committee.  After several meetings and presentations to the head honchos in our law firm as well as the key players on the host committee, our old law firm was selected.  By then, I was already practicing in Fort Worth, but since I had helped up to that point, I remained involved.  Heath (and I to a very small extent) created and ran the NFL on location action team, a committee comprised of one hundred of the best and brightest young professionals in North Texas to assist and perpetuate the mission and plans of the North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee .  By the time the committee really got started, I was huge pregnant and then a stay-at-home mom with Travis so Brandon took over the Hill family representation and continued to be involved throughout all of the planning stages.  To reward him for his hard work, we were given 2 tickets to the Gala by the Host Committee.  A big honor and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that we couldn't pass up!



It's not a big event in Texas if the Rangerettes don't make an appearance!


Pat Green was the entertainment.  Randy Travis also popped on stage to sing a couple songs including Happy Birthday to Roger Staubach.




Me and the "Moose".  He totally said he wasn't posing for pictures, but I flashed him my smile and my pregnant belly in order to get him to accommodate me.  It felt a little like Mardi Gras!  :)

Grandpa manned T-man that night solo and did a fabulous job!  The kid loves his Mmm-pa!

The next morning we got up and drove 3.5 hours round-trip in order to eat lunch at the DQ in Ennis.  The roads were covered with snow, but we thought if we could make it to I-45 then we could make it on to Galveston to see Uncle Mickey.  We thought wrong!  So we holed up in our "apartment home" and enjoyed the super bowl and lots of yummy cold weather food!  We will be re-trying our Galveston trip in a couple weeks.

Xoxo,
Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment