Monday, June 14, 2010

Salvation

One of the blogs I stalk (stalk: read about people that I do not know in real life. If I meet ever meet them, I will feel like we are best friends and they will not know me from Adam. :)  I'm okay with this.) - is Kelly's Korner written by Kelly Stamps of Arkansas. I first learned of her in January of 2009 when her sweet baby girl was in the NICU right after she was born and the largest prayer chain that I can remember was started. Every blog I read - people I knew and didn't know alike - were all sporting "Praying for Harper" images. Harper is 16 months old now and happy and healthy and a true testament of the power of prayer - and the internet. I love following along in their life. This was her post today. It hit my heart, and I had to share.

We live in a fallen world. Adam and Eve chose to sin in the beginning and since then the world is full of sin. It's full of hurt and pain and people often question "why"? God never promised a perfect life. But HE did promise to never leave or forsake us. The payment for our sin is death. That means a lifetime in hell. But God loves us so much. He gave a ransom for our sin. He sent His son Jesus to die on the cross as a sacrifice. Jesus took on the sin of the world - past, present and future - and died. But he rose again. He is alive!

John 14:6 "Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the life - no one comes to the Father but through me".

Romans 10:9,10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

All you have to do to be saved and spend eternity in heaven - is to confess that you know you are a sinner and accept Christ as your saviour! Believe in Him and begin a relationship with Him. As a Christian - you are a new creation. You will have joy that can not be explained. A peace that passes all understanding.

You can not work your way into heaven. The Bible says even our BEST works are like filthy rags in God's eyes. Thankfully - Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." That's the best news ever - it's God's AMAZING grace that saves us. It's NOTHING we can do. Isn't that freeing?

I just want you to know the love that God has for you. I want you to know how great a life in Christ can be! I accepted Christ at a young age and I have never doubted my salvation. There have been many days and years where I was not as close to God. But He never left me. The only way I can know Him and hear Him and grow closer is to spend time talking to Him in prayer and reading the Bible.

How do I know that all this is real? Because I have felt God in my life. I have seen Him at work. I can't explain the hope that I have in Him. I could not have made it through many things I have been through without trusting that His word is true. I believe the Bible is the inherent word of God. Every word is true. It's all about faith. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1). Without faith - it is impossible to please God. (Hebrews 11:6)

I didn't write this before because I just wanted to write down how to KNOW Christ - but yes - once you are saved - it is not really enough to just believe in Him. Even Satan believes in Jesus. You must serve Him and strive to have a relationship. We don't do "works" to earn our way into heaven but we DO serve and try to follow Him in all we do because we love Him and want to Honor the One who saved us. James 2:20 says "Faith without works is dead".

I share all of this because I deeply care about each of you who comes here to check in on my life. I felt very strongly that I needed to share this with you today and God just laid it on my heart in a very clear way that I HAD to share it.

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift. 2 Corinthians 9:15

Thanks Kelly for sharing this.  I pray that God continues to bless you and your sweet family.

If you read this and want to talk to me about the AMAZING GOD I love and serve, please let me know. I'd love to sit down with you and pray for you specifically.

Xoxo,
Gara

No comments:

Post a Comment