Monday, August 3, 2009

Ag Workers Shower

On July 25th, we were blessed to have a couples shower honoring baby Travis at Brandon's dad's office. A bunch of our family and friends attended as did some of the employees. Most of the employees there have known Brandon since he was born and it was so neat to be able to share this special time with them. There were probably 50 or so people in attendance, and we were able to have a yummy bbq catered lunch and super cute cake!! See all the pics here!



A huge chunk of the employees from the company my dad works for were also able to attend. I've known most of them since I was a teeny tiny kid. They are definitely an extended family for me. They've seen me graduate high school, college, and law school plus get married so I'm so glad they were able to be a part of this next adventure too. Grandpa (my dad) got us a camcorder - what an awesome way to remember all of Travis's firsts!



Brandon's dad (Pops) had a chance to welcome all of the guests and flashed this cute pic of Brandon when he was about 4 months old!



Of course, Pops had to get Travis his first rifle. I was happy - I was afraid it was going to be a pony. :) Brandon's mom (Pepper) got T-man his convertible car seat which he will get to use once he is out of the carrier one. Looks like Pepper is going to be looking out for T's safety and Pops is going to be creating mischief. No surprises there.



My sisters' gifts did not disappoint. Sonnet added to the aggie overalls that I had made for Kyler when he was little. What a neat idea and tradition!! Mona had her grandmother make us an aggie quilt complete with pics of us so that T-man would always have us around even if we were gone.





Lovey made Brandon a "Dad's Diaper Duty" apron filled with all sorts of necessary items including goggles, mask, gloves, tongs, and a "wee shield". It was hilarious!



I think this might have been Lovey & Pepper's favorite gift!



We got an amazing amount of loot including tons of handmade stuff which I just love. A ton of the employees went together for this mountain of diapers and wipes. Brandon and I are hiding a huge portion of it. I said that this should get us the whole way through and everybody just laughed at me. Apparently not!!!



In my 34th week, I currently win all belly battles. :) Here I am with our great friend, Katy, who is the tiniest 26 week pregnant person ever, and here I am with Brandon's little brother, Uncle Blake. Hmmm, not sure about that one...





Here is a pic of Granddaddy (Brandon's mom's dad) - he will be Travis's great-granddad. So awesome that T will get to know several of his greats.



AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST - THE WHOLE FAM-DAMILY!



Pops, Nana, Pepper, Brandon, Gara, Lovey, Pop, Grandpa

Just 8 of the many people anxiously awaiting T's arrival. We have the most amazing and supportive families EVER!

Weekly doctors visits start on Friday!

XOXO,
Gara

1 comment:

  1. We loved getting to be at your final shower! Jarrod & I were trying to predict how long the "mountain 'o diapers" would last. Maybe 5 months or so....what a GREAT start!

    ReplyDelete